Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Needham Family Reunion 2013

This years Needham reunion was in our beautiful state of Colorado! What a great time we had. I believe all together there were 50 family members at the campground. That's a lot of Needham's in one place lol... We stayed right next to the river where the kiddos played for more hours than I could keep count. There was some amazing food (as always) like fish, antelope, ooh and fried pies to name a few. The company was great. I got to see family I hadn't seen in close to ten years! 

(From left to right: Annis, Leroy, Bernice, Doyle and Margie)

The old timers in the photo above are just five in a family of twelve. At this point there are seven siblings left so five out of seven was good to have at the reunion. I have to say I am extremely blessed as I have had the honor to grow up with my great-grandparents and great-aunts and uncles! There are not many out there anymore who can say they have so many memories of those family members.


See like I said there were quite a few Needhams. We were missing only two from the reunion during this photo so thats not bad at all.


The girls absolutely loved the river! I personally thought it was a little cold but that didn't seem to slow down the kids any. We had such a great time that weekend... Camping is always on the list for our family so this was a lot of fun! I love our yearly get togethers and we are already excited for next years which will be held in Oklahoma. 


The greatest moment for me was when my grandpa chose the ticket for Granny's  quilt. See every year they auction off a quilt made by my great-grandma...every ticket is $1 and the proceeds go to help pay for the reunion costs. This year there were two quilts; the first went to little miss Jasmine Hatley


And the second...


That's right! My baby Aliya was the lucky winner!!! When they called her name (which took a moment for them to pronounce lol) I started crying. Once I started crying my Aunt B started crying. Ali may not ever understand how special it was to get something made by Granny but it will be an amazing memory for me.


No comments:

My photo
Delta, Colorado, United States
Hello and welcome! I am Kena Iversen. I am the mother to the three most adorable little girls, wife to the most incredible husband and my job well, I have the greatest one in the world! I love what I do and am truly blessed.