Saturday, July 13, 2013

Doctor, Doctor

This vacation is flying by even though we had a rocky start. Lilly and Aliya got sick just days after we arrived. Both baby girls had horrible coughs and Lilly had a fever that just wouldn't stay gone. Poor girls were just miserable. So after 48 hours of symptoms and being on vacation I had no choice but to take them to the ER. 


I love my babies! Even with a fever you can see my Lilly girl loving are sickly baby sister. Lilly ended up with just a bad cold and Aliya well...she was alright also however they felt with her being so young and being a premie it was best to hit the sickness hard. My poor girl was given an IV for fluids and some meds...and had to have a cath to get a urine sample. It was horrible as her mommy to see her like that and be helpless. As a mom it was horrible, as a nurse it was still horrible but there was an understanding as to why. 


Her poor little arm. I had to hold it as still as I possibly could. 


They decided to put a wrap on for a little extra comfort and stability. After all tests came back good and they got the extra fluids down the iv we were finally sent home. I was able to comfort and care for my babies with the peace and quite of our own home (well grandmas anyway).


The following day my Aliya was already feeling better and Lilly was better the day after that! Thank goodness! Kiera finally got to see Rylee and she had a great day...Lilly got out with them and starting eating much better. Our vacation was taking a turn for the better and has been going strong ever since! Whoohoo!!!

No comments:

My photo
Delta, Colorado, United States
Hello and welcome! I am Kena Iversen. I am the mother to the three most adorable little girls, wife to the most incredible husband and my job well, I have the greatest one in the world! I love what I do and am truly blessed.