Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day

Today we all have our traditions, our time spent with family and wonderful friends. It's a day where many take the time to really think of the men and women that have and continue to sacrifice their lives for our continuing freedom. I love this day! Then again I love everyday...I think of friends in all branches of service daily. My thoughts are constantly on my father whom was once a Marine and now waits ever so patiently for a new kidney. We have to remember that the men and women who serve never stop sacrificing. They don't have days off (at least not like the rest of us). They sacrifice their lives in more ways than one. It's heartbreaking to think about how many moments a father misses with his children from being on duty. I know my husband misses more moments than he would ever want to with our kids and he comes home every night. I am so grateful for those men and women, those mom and dads...you are incredible! Thank God for those like you. To all my amazing, incredible, selfless, heroic family and friends... THANK YOU!!!


That being said my three girls and I (my oldest is with her daddy back home) had a fantastic, relaxing day. It started with a parade, ended with fireworks over the lake and had a BBQ thrown in the middle. Kiera (4 years) asked me who's birthday it was today...I responded by telling her today was Americas birthday. She got very excited and in an squeaky voice exclaimed "so it's everyone's birthday?!" Yes kiddo something like that lol. I loved explaining our true independence and why it is celebrated today. I loved telling her about our constitution and that in this family we will always believe and follow in that great piece of American history. 


Happy Independence Day to you all! 


No comments:

My photo
Delta, Colorado, United States
Hello and welcome! I am Kena Iversen. I am the mother to the three most adorable little girls, wife to the most incredible husband and my job well, I have the greatest one in the world! I love what I do and am truly blessed.