Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey Time

The last few days have been a whirl wind to say the least. It has been fun just very hectic. Here is how the last few days went (in a nutshell of course).

Wednesday - Heard the news that my Great-grandmother passed away that morning. She went peacefully in her sleep you could say. She had slipped into a coma state the day prior so it sounds like she did not suffer. I went on with my day knowing there was not anything that was going to make my day better so I continued with chores as normal. That evening Dan and I stayed awake fairly late preparing for Thanksgiving morning.

Thursday - Turkey Day! I woke at 5am to get myself and the girls ready. We all arrived at Melissa and Tylers around 6:30am, the family had the turkey in right at seven. We all enjoyed homemade cinnamon rolls that Melissa made...delicious! They are the best made cinnamon rolls I have ever had. The food was amazing...two turkeys (one traditionally made and one fried), stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies, rolls, berry pie, pumpkin pie...wow...it was all incredible. Dan this year had four plates in front of him for dinner. He made it through yet again as the one who ate the most. 40lbs of turkey and we came home with just a small zip-lock bag of leftovers, thats all there was for each family. My goodness can we eat! After dinner we prepared ourselves for the day after Thanksgiving sales and went looking through all the ads for ideas.

Friday - Sales here starting as early as 12:01am which we were planning on getting up for but what we wanted was already gone so we skipped that sale. We did however get up for the sales at Target and Walmart that started at 4 and 5am. We finished Kieras Christmas shopping and are about finished with Skylar so it is just little Lilly that we have left. She will not be needing much this year but it is her first Christmas so she definently needs something. It was fun to go with Danny in the morning as much as he does not care for the Christmas season he does enjoy doing things for his girls and it makes him to be a bigger spender than myself during this time. After all the Christmas madness we came home for a little while and rested before we took the girls to breakfast. The rest of the day was spent in bed relaxing with our babies. Oh how wonderful!

Last night Dan and Kiera were both up sick. Poor babies threw up all night with fevers that just did not want to break. So here I am trying to take care of them while keeping Lilly and away as much as possible. Neither one of need to get sick so we have been hiding out in my bedroom while the two sicklies are in the living room. Hopefully it is just a quick sickness and tomorrow they are feeling better.

In short that was our adventurous Thanksgiving week. Loves to you all and hope everyone had a great holiday with friends and family.

No comments:

My photo
Delta, Colorado, United States
Hello and welcome! I am Kena Iversen. I am the mother to the three most adorable little girls, wife to the most incredible husband and my job well, I have the greatest one in the world! I love what I do and am truly blessed.