Monday, November 15, 2010

Counting down!

First thing is I finally figured out how to change the background on this dang blog. It has only been like two years but alas somethings take time. For example this pregnancy; baby is taking her time. We were in the hospital yet again this past weekend and decided to undergo an amneosentesis. Not the mostcomfortable operation that is for sure. The doc put a needle about 4 1/2cm into my stomach while being monitored by the ultrasound tech to confirm that the needle was no where near baby. Fortunately they were in a very good spot and were no where close to baby or the umbilical cord. Thank goodness! We went ahead with this test to let us know what the babys lung development was at. If all was well we would be induced within the next few days and end what has been one of the hardest few months in my life. Unfortunately/fortunately we found out why she has been fighting these contractions so hard: good lung development is anywhere between 2.5 and 25 her lung development was only at 1.2

I say unfotunately only because it is a very difficult thing to feel helpless and contracting so often. The pain is not unbearable but is a contstant pain that makes it difficult to do much else. The very good is although it will be a hard for me the next week and a half we now know why she fights. She knows better than all of us and knows she is not quite ready yet. I will receive a phone call sometime today to set up the induction for the wee of Thanksgiving. Our doctor who is incredible by the way will induce me at 39 weeks. By that date Lilly should be ready and willing to make her entrance with no more problems. I will try and keep you all updated with dates and such as I am given them. Thank you all for the prayers and the help thus far, no matter what she will be here soon and we will have a new little miracle in our home to love and care for.

Kena

No comments:

My photo
Delta, Colorado, United States
Hello and welcome! I am Kena Iversen. I am the mother to the three most adorable little girls, wife to the most incredible husband and my job well, I have the greatest one in the world! I love what I do and am truly blessed.