Saturday, November 20, 2010

Four Days Old

First thing to say I guess is that I still cannot believe that Lilly is finally here. She is now four days old and doing great. Her sleeping pattern is a little flip-flopped right now but we are working on it. So much and yet so little has gone on in this house the past few days and it seems surreal. We all came home on Wednesday evening around 7pm and all in all that first night was alright. It was definently better than the previous weeks the family had been having. Lilly does not sleep great in the evening so I was up all night while Dan slept off what he could with Kiera in our bed. The next statement is not a complaint as it is a great blessing Danny has a job that he can return back to...however it was sad that he did not get even a full day to enjoy his family at home. He returned to work Thursday, it is now Saturday and he his working. The poor guy has not gotten a day yet to relax with us all at home. I miss him.

Today has been rough for me. I am not one to complain but I have been extremely sore since the birth and it does not seem to be getting better yet. My body has not gotten a break and I don't think it will until it comes to a complete crash. The two big girls today have not been so helpful. Some days are better than others and I have to remember that but today is not a better. Neither one are listening or cooperating with each other and I am still so exhausted that a little back-up I am sure would make all the difference.

Lilly had her first check-up today and I must say it went fantastic! She is now 6lbs 4oz which is only three ounces less than her birth weight. They say this is very normal and by her next check-up she should be at least her birth weight if not more. She is in the 8th percentile for weight and the 10th percentile for heigth. Still very small just like Kiera was. Everything looks great on her; the doc says that she is perfectly healthy and seems very happy.

Skylar finally got to see Lilly for the first time on Friday and she is in love to say the least. She is already a pretty great big sister to Kiera and I am sure she will be the same with Lilly. She was so surpised at how small Lilly was (not remembering Kiera of course). The entire way home from Grand Junction Skylar kept Lilly pretty happy; giving her the pacifier when needed, singing her a song, whatever she could think of to keep her sister from crying. She can be a huge help (when she wants to be). I truly hope that Lilly will love Sky as much as Kiera does now. Anywhere we go together as a family Kiera is right next to her "sissy." We all have names now except for Skylar who for now remains only known as "sissy." That is ok with us. I keep thinking to myself, "wow we are a family of five." Anywhere we go now we have to get the big table, we have to get two carts, there will always be five of us now. It is such a blessing I just had not really thought of that. We are a big family and I love it!

(Sorry everything is out of order I just wrote as it came to me today) Loves!

No comments:

My photo
Delta, Colorado, United States
Hello and welcome! I am Kena Iversen. I am the mother to the three most adorable little girls, wife to the most incredible husband and my job well, I have the greatest one in the world! I love what I do and am truly blessed.