Wednesday, November 24, 2010

On To A Better Place


Flower Ganelle Swanson-Ruzicka
    11.28.1925 - 11.24.2010


Today I have sat in a blur trying to decide what to say about this amazing woman. My Great-Grandmother Ganelle passed away this morning. The life that she lived was remarkable. This great woman survived the passing of her husband, the death of her only son and overcame cancer twice. I do not think I can put into words how much she has touched my life. Ganelle was the "grandma" to everyone, a sweet lady that anyone would want to be around. And everyone did. She was so sweet to everyone, always wanting to do more than she needed to in making someone else feel welcome. I am so blessed to say that I had a relationship with this incredible grandmother. I know many people do not get the chance to know their great-grandmother. My grandmother lived to see and meet my two oldest children and lived to know that my third and most recent was born healthy. My children may not have the memories of her being so young but they will have the photographs. I will keep the memories for them as it will be one of the most special times of my life.


We will all miss her so much but know that she lived a long and good life.



I love you Grandma and you will be missed. This song has always been a favorite of mine and it has been on my heart since I heard of Grandmas passing. You will always have a place in my heart Grandma.

No comments:

My photo
Delta, Colorado, United States
Hello and welcome! I am Kena Iversen. I am the mother to the three most adorable little girls, wife to the most incredible husband and my job well, I have the greatest one in the world! I love what I do and am truly blessed.