Tuesday, October 12, 2010

On the outside looking in...

Here we go and only a few weeks before Lily will make her debut. There is so much to get done and I am not quite sure where to start. I do know that we are finishing the girls room tomorrow so that the bunk bed can be finished and have one room completely done before she is here. I am in that mood where I feel everything has to be done at once and nothing is good enough unless i do it myself. However, I must remind myself that I need to sit back and enjoy the last few weeks of life as is. I of course am excited as all get out to have another little girl in my arms and in our life but I must remember to breathe and be thankful for what is right in front of me.

As is sit here on my couch I look out and see my husband lying with Kiera and it is the most precious thing I could look at. They are both so calm together watching cartoons. It is beautiful! Skylar is gone but I know she is safe and having a good time. In my thoughts she is always and with her, Kiera and Dan I am at peace. Although yes I will not fully forget how many things we need to get done before the next bundle of joy joins us I will breathe easier knowing that my life is complete no matter what actually gets done. Remember the little things. The moments that truly take my breathe away like when Dan glances my way and have butterflies, when Kiera giggles, the nights Skylar wants to sit with mom, raindrops outside falling on the home that we own, all these together make a life worth living.

To all who come across this...remember to take a step back, look outside and breathe. You are alive and the world is waiting so go enjoy it!

No comments:

My photo
Delta, Colorado, United States
Hello and welcome! I am Kena Iversen. I am the mother to the three most adorable little girls, wife to the most incredible husband and my job well, I have the greatest one in the world! I love what I do and am truly blessed.