Tuesday, August 24, 2010

16 Days and Still Counting Down

I need a Skylar hug. It has been a very, very long day. And when it has been this hectic talking to my little buddy is the best way to relax. I miss her so much when she is gone. My day started at 6am to be ready in time to make it to the Daycare by 7am. Had a drop off with a full load of children in the car at noon. Got back and put everyone to rest, had pick ups at 2, and 3 at three different schools, Holy Moley! I am finally home, have put dinner in the oven, and am about to start the rest of my evening reading and working on homework. Only two days into the semester and I am ready for a small break. However, despite the craziness that today brought to the household life is bliss. I know it sounds like a contradiction if you read all about the day and how down I could be about it. Don't take it the wrong way...today was crazy but I could have a job that limits my time for education, I was home by five and have dinner in the oven to be eaten by my husband and I as soon as he comes home. That gives me the time that I need to finish up the one load of laundry there is to do and begin my studying time. All the little kinks that are in the mix right now will someday fade away and we will find a great little groove that fits.

As said in the title there are sixteen more days until my snuggle bud comes home. Thank goodness this is the last time we will have to go so long without seeing her. From the 10th on we will see her almost every single Friday and not take her back until Sunday evening. And oh so looking forward to the summer! Three weeks in a row with her, and she will only be gone for a week and come back again for three more weeks! Summer with all three of my girls is going to be a new experience and I am so excited. We will get to choose what the two big girls participate it this summer! Soccer, Gymnastics, Dance, Swimming? The options we shall have this year!

No comments:

My photo
Delta, Colorado, United States
Hello and welcome! I am Kena Iversen. I am the mother to the three most adorable little girls, wife to the most incredible husband and my job well, I have the greatest one in the world! I love what I do and am truly blessed.